This Freedom School will focus on the absolute basics of street medicine, namely preventing the most common maladies or injuries you’d expect to encounter while protesting or marching and knowing how to treat them should they emerge. Learn how to take care of your comrades and yourself. Learn how to assemble your own first-aid kit.
There is a list of materials that those interested in the Freedom School are required to bring. The first step is being prepared:
- close-toed shoes comfortable enough to run in
- a bottle of water
- a bandana
- an empty quart-sized Ziploc bag
- if you have it prescribed: epinephrine [Epi-Pen]
- if you have it prescribed: 3 days worth of any prescription medication, in the bottle
- bonus points: a doctor’s note prescribing you this medication
- a backpack, messanger bag or satchel of some kind large enough to hold all this in.
Rich Ruff is a UCLA graduate who works in emergency medicine because he likes helping people. He wants to help you learn how to help other people.
January 21, 4:00 – 6:00
2617 Hauser Blvd
Los Angeles CA 90017
Open to the public.